Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Overview
- Spanning a flexible wide-angle to short telephoto range, the EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM from Canon is a useful zoom for a wide variety of shooting applications. Featuring two aspherical elements and one ultra-low dispersion element, both spherical and chromatic aberrations are well-controlled in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to reduce lens flare and increase contrast and color fidelity when working in bright lighting conditions. Benefitting both photo and video applications, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system is also featured and minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4-168mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One ultra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus technique